205 W. 43rd Street
New York NY 10036
P: 212-398-9810
HaruSushi.com
Last month I went to Haru Broadway for my Godmother's Birthday dinner. Haru is a Japanese restaurant corporation located throughtout the city. I usually go to their Wall Street location for happy hours from 3PM-7PM when the weather is warm. I'm a beer drinker so $5 Sapporo's are always a sweet deal for me.
The restaurant is nice and with Asian decor. When you first walk in you're greeted at the hostess stand and right away you can see how packed it gets. I went to dinner for 6PM, the place was packed and there were three hostesses behind the stand. The table we were seated at was right next to the bar and the bar was very busy. Hopefully this summer I'll get to enjoy their great Happy Hour deals a lot more than I did before.
Once I got to the table everyone else was there and at least they already ordered the appetizers. (I got there late because reservations were made for 6PM, but I don't get out of work till 6PM.) For appetizers we got the rock shrimp and edamame. I absolutely love the rock shrimp at Haru. The sauce they put on the shrimp is so good. They should bottle it up and sell it because I'm sure I'm not the only one who would buy it. The rock shrimp was plated on top of a bed of red lettuce. Once the shrimp was gone I started to munch on the lettuce since the sauce was on it. The sauce would really go great with different things.
After the appetizers were gone we ordered the sashmi and sushi for two and we added two rolls onto the dish. When I first heard the order I thought it wasn't going to be enough to split four ways. Then when the food came and we started eating I quickly became full. There were just so many pieces of sashmi and so many rolls. One of the rolls was spicy tuna wrapped with cucumber. That was real interesting; I didn't even know you could make rolls like that. The sushi and asashmi were fresh and I would definitely come back to eat there again.
Once we were finally done with our entrees it was time for dessert. Since I've eaten at Haru before I already knew that I wanted to get their fried cheese cake. Their fried cheese cake has to be the best that I have ever had. The cheese cake is still cold even after it's been deep fried. I've had this at other places and the cheese cake gets warm. I don't know how Haru does it, but I'll definitely be coming back just for their fried cheese cake. The fried cheese cake came in three small square pieces on a plate. We also ordered some green tea mochi. Mochi is a Japanese rice cake and inside is green tea ice cream. I've never tried any other flavor because I'm too scared and I think it's perfect just the way it is.
Overall the experience I had at Haru was great. It had a nice atmosphere, friendly staff and most importantly great food. The prices are a little higher than other places but you have to take into consideration that you're paying for good quality food and service. I'll pay a little extra for good food and service any day. I think it justifies the reason for me picking the restaurant.
So get out there and make a date night to get some sushi because this place is well worth it.
| Sashmi |
| More sashmi and sushi rolls. |
| Dessert: On the right is the Green Tea Mochi and on the left is the Fried Cheese Cake. |
Even thou I can not eat seafood. This is one of the few times I wish I could just so I can experience dinner here.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rhaylinn for checking out my review.
DeleteThanks Inda!
ReplyDeleteI'll be craving sushi all day now! lol
LOL, it just means that you'll have to get some sushi soon.
Delete