Friday, September 27, 2013

Mesa Coyoacan in Williamsburg, Mexican Food At It's Finest

Mesa Coyoacan
372 Graham Ave
(Bet. Skillman & Conselyea)

Earlier this month my boyfriend and I decided to go for a late lunch date at Mesa Coyoacan. It's a Mexican restaurant in Williamsburg. The place is not too small nor too big either. Prior to this it was a restaurant as well. Once you walk in there's a full bar to your left and tables to your right. After the bar there's a booth that sits about six to eight people. Eight people would be pushing it, but it might be doable. Then across the bar there's a large table for guests who have a bigger party. After this table there are a row of smaller tables.The lighting of the place was dim, but not dark where you couldn't see who you were sitting with. At night it definitely has a romantic vibe there.

Towards the back of the restaurant is where the kitchen is located. You can see almost everything that's going on in there. Also there's only one bathroom in the restaurant which makes sense due to the space.

Once we sat down and saw the menu everything looked amazing. The only thing is all the entrees did not automatically come with rice and beans so you'd have to order it on the side. I decided on the enchiladas because that's my go to dish when I eat Mexican food. My boyfriend on the other hand chosen the chicken tacos which was a good choice.

As for the drinks they had the more popular Spanish beers on the drink menu and of course wine and sangria. I'm a big fan of Sangria so I decided to get a pitcher of it. We weren't in a rush so finishing a pitcher shouldn't be a problem. Once the waiter came we put in our orders for the food and drinks. With the food we decided to get a side order of rice and beans.

The waiter was very nice and you didn't get that feeling that you didn't belong there. Certain places in Williamsburg are not as welcoming as others. From the outside you couldn't really tell if this was was going to be like that, but thank goodness it wasn't. All the waiters and waitresses were great. When looking over the menu we had to ask another waiter what one of the dishes were and they seemed eager help us. It seemed like everyone liked their job. It irks the hell out of me to see an employee at a restaurant look like they're miserable and would rather be where else.

When our drinks came my boyfriend had said he'll drink some of the Sangria with me, but of course that didn't happen. It was okay though because the sangria was really good. You could taste the alcohol in it and it wasn't overpowering. The fruits in the sangria made it even more delicious. My boyfriend opt for a Modelo Negro. I've tasted it before, but I'm not a fan of it.



Then finally the food came and we were hungry. My chicken enchilada was amazing. Now I wasn't saying this because I was hungry, but it was simply the truth. My enchilada came with a green sauce on top of it and slices of avocado. The beans that came with the dish was smashed or paste like. I've never beans served like that and I really enjoyed it. I even made a mental note of it so I can try to make it myself. The rice and beans side dish were just as good as everything as. The rice was mixed with corn and it was seasoned with some kind of Spanish seasoning. The rice was not plain and that's what made it memorable. There was absolutely nothing bad that could have been said about the food.




Once we were done with the food we looked at the dessert menu cause I still had about two or three glasses left of my sangria. I wasn't going to chug my sangria down either. My boyfriend is not big on trying new desserts because he has a peanut allergy. So if it's something that he doesn't know he'd rather not try it. Although sometimes he could be a little daring, but that's on his terms. So instead we got salsa and chips.

Once my sangria and the salsa and chips were done it was time to get outta there. After eating all that food I just wanted to get up and walk around. The check came and the prices were very reasonable. I would recommend this place because the atmosphere is great. Whether you're hanging out with friend/ family or on a date this place caters to everyone. The staff was awesome and they made you feel really welcomed. Of course the best thing about Mesa Coyoacan are the food and drinks. I can't wait to go there again and hopefully next time I'll be more adventurous and try something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment